So, why not provide Christian communities with noble products that foster spiritual values and promote at the same time Christian businesses are part of our entrepreneurial experience?
The business opportunities Based on supplying products or services for Christians, they can be an excellent option for those who seek to undertake something beautiful, noble and at the same time profitable, contributing their gifts and abilities to earn money in an honest way and serving their church or spiritual community.
While the title of this post mentions “christian businesses“We actually understand that faith in any of its forms of expression has different principles that are applicable to all forms of belief or religion.
I have used this title as the most general way possible to convey the business idea but you can apply it in a similar way whatever your faith, belief or religion.
First, we must define a Christian business from 2 points of view:
- A business where the owners are people with principles and values
- A business where services and / or products are offered aimed at the Christian market
In both cases, consumer expectations remain the same: excellent quality, advice, products and services suited to their spiritual needs and personalized attention.
Although there are a variety of businesses that are derived as a result of religious activities, these ideas are intended to give you a starting point to start your business project that in addition to giving you financial satisfaction, it will surely also give you excellent friendships and the pleasure of contributing to the formation of other members of your community.
Christian Business Ideas
- Childcare: Many Christian parents often require a babysitting service in order to attend events, retreats, and spiritual activities. In this sense, the childcare service makes them feel much more confident when their children are entrusted to responsible people who can help them in the formation of their moral and Christian values.
For this business, the service charge can be per hour or per month in the case of day care centers for working mothers. Tip: Include in your programs the teaching of biblical themes, stories and stories, walks, songs and making crafts.
- Event planner. Many groups or communities constantly require the organization of events such as seminars, conferences, retreats and special celebrations, etc.
A good business option is to become an expert organizer who handles logistics and for this you must have many contacts and knowledge to quickly organize an event that includes: payment system, promotion and advertising, assembly, sound and lighting, photography, decoration, banquets and everything you need so organizers focus on what’s important about your event.
Tip: Become the organizers’ right hand man so that they rest on your logistics skills.
- Crafts. It is a fact that crafts with Christian messages are very attractive for this segment. If your talent is cooking, embroidery, making figures in wood, painting, artistic design, etc. take advantage of it to build a small business creating decorative items that you can place at a great price in Christian stores such as paintings, rosaries, crosses, sculptures, etc.
Tip: create ideal products for a wide variety of occasions: weddings, birthdays, Christmas, celebrations and special services, with the name of your church, etc.
- Write articles and reflections. If your strength is writing, you can take advantage of your special gift and put it at the service of your community. You can create reflections and articles on various topics and send them to local church magazines, newspapers, or bulletins. At the beginning, you should send them for a while as samples to make yourself known and so that they appreciate the value of what you write.
And over time you can charge per written message. Tip: Another variant is to record your messages in audio that you can share on CDs or mp3-type files.
- Spiritual advisor. Ideal for recognized leaders in your Christian community. If you have been in your congregation for years and have been recognized as a person who can advise with principles, why not professionalize your guidance capacity by setting up a care clinic for married couples, children with problems, women or people with specific needs.
Of course, the success of this concept is that it is based on the moral and spiritual principles that you know and live, which is why people will be happy to seek you out as a professional counselor.
- Public speaking coach. If you have the gift of public speaking and you can easily captivate an audience, because you do not take advantage of your gift to teach the techniques to others and thus earn very good money.
You can start your business by organizing seminars, clinics and courses for apprentices who want to improve their public speaking skills either to preach, to give lectures, or to lead groups of people.
- Soundman for events. If you are an audio control professional and over time you have perfected your skills for handling audio and sound systems, you can take advantage of this knowledge to offer your professional services as a sound engineer. This is a segment that is in high demand due to the number of events that take place in the Christian environment such as: seminars, preaching, regular meetings, weddings, engagements, confirmations, special celebrations, religious holidays, etc.
Tip: depending on the requirements your services may include some instruments such as consoles, microphones, cables, etc. that you can sublease for the event.
- Dance groups and choreographies. If dancing is your specialty, you can form a specialized dance team that can offer its services to entertain and complement different types of meetings. Obviously in this case, the members should receive an hourly pay for when their services are required.
You should consider the clothing, music and all the necessary implements within your business plan, as well as the scheduling of regular training sessions to offer an excellent and attractive service.
Tip: Include in your repertoire different dance classes with varied music.
- Elaboration of occasion cards. A special detail that you can place very well in Christian stores or bookstores are the cards made by hand with details and spiritual messages. You can make them for any occasion and offer them wholesale either by a dozen or half a dozen.
- Christian t-shirts or hats. Another excellent alternative for entrepreneurship is the making of shirts or caps with Christian motifs. If you are talented as an artist, you can use fabric paint to create your own unique and creative designs that can be marketed very well.
- House for retreats. Do you have a suitable property for the spiritual retreat? So why not rent it out to churches or communities so they can organize their special meetings.
You can build a good business around your property offering different services from rent, food preparation and other complementary services. The cost of the rent should include your maintenance, water, electricity and other services costs. You can promote it among the different religious groups in the area.
- Meals and snacks. Many of the meetings in the congregations are held on weekdays in the format of breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you like cooking, why don’t you offer your dishes to nearby communities to be able to take them away and serve them.
They will be delighted with the idea of not having to cook and better if someone brings them, serves them and removes all the utensils. This is a catering type business that you can offer regularly, without leaving the tranquility of your home and that can charge very well.
- Christian funeral services. Contrary to what you might think, there is something that every Christian wants is to say goodbye to his loved ones in a decorous and elegant environment like the one his deceased would have wanted. Specialized funeral service companies are very successful.
Of course, setting up a Christian funeral home is a formal business that requires logistics that include details that please the bereaved and that has to do with the religious background they share.
- Auditorium cleaning services. Today all churches require cleaning services for their buildings that can be performed at appropriate times outside of their meetings and that have all the specialization to maintain an “impeccable” image.
If you look closely you will discover that the Christian sphere allows you to find an infinity of business alternatives that you can exploit very well to generate extra income such as:
- Reproduction of texts
- Job search support services
- Reproduction of preaching in audio or video
- Formation of musical groups
- Christian newspapers or magazines
- Staging of plays
The important thing is not to forget that every business requires you to spend time planning, projecting your costs, preparing a budget, setting goals and above all working very hard to achieve them.
Finally, if you have the blessing of the creator and work well, everything will turn out magnificent.
Any additional ideas you can contribute? We would love to meet you.