Whether you are just starting a business or already have a mid-sized company, we all know that selling is the key to the survival of any business.
And if we talk about sales, the formula to sell more has to do with having a strategy made up of a series of apparently small actions that, if carried out consistently, can make a difference in your results.
In business, not everything is written. There are always those who sell more and they are always innovating and creating new marketing strategies. There are also other skeptics who will say “that will not work“.
So don’t settle for doing things the way everyone else does. Be daring and dare to try it and create your own ideas to sell better.
15 Secrets To Triple Your Sales
- Foster a sales culture in your organization. There is no company in the world that can be successful if it is not clear about the importance of selling. Promote from the beginning of your venture a culture in which everyone is sales-oriented.
From the person in the warehouse, through the receptionist and all the middle managers, everyone must know basic sales techniques to be able to attract a client at any time. They must be trained and aware of the importance of sales.
- Build a successful sales team. Every successful company must have a very effective sales team that goes out and brings in business. This team can have 2 people, 20 or 100. The important thing is that it is the group of advisers that is 100% focused on the promotion and sale of the company’s products and services.
They require constant motivational and professional training but they are the ones who attract the money. You should consider a fair and generous compensation plan to keep your sales team running smoothly. If you need help to shape and train it, contact me.
- Get new prospects. Every month you should contemplate a strategy to add new clients to the portfolio. Prospecting leads, making a few calls, and bringing information about your company and products can mean adding valuable new customers.
- Increase the frequency of visits to your current clients. To get more first-time orders, you must increase the number of prospects and the number of visits you make.
A few more visits or calls a week could make the difference between 5-7 additional orders. Multiply it by the number of clients in your portfolio and you will soon see important differences.
- Attract attention with good creative promotions. The difference between a promotion that provides results and another that does not usually is that the first one is strategically designed to generate more sales with a very small extra investment.
Some common strategies include slightly increasing the price of some products to offer a “discount“to your client or a typical slogan”second half price“or”2×1“.
- Offer additional benefits to your best customers. A customer who buys more units or more frequently should be rewarded to incentivize their purchases. If your client, for example, usually asks you for 25 pairs of shoes, you can offer him that this month for each order of 40 pairs, you can give him a free polishing kit.
Obviously the gift must have a minimum cost that is used as a hook to achieve a larger order since a good incentive can easily increase your orders.
- Always negotiate and get more advantages. Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Remember that you must be negotiating all the time. If you distribute a product line, you must also sell yourself as a customer to your suppliers and obtain additional benefits from them.
Ask them for gifts for the purchases you make, discounts or any additional added value, and use these to pass them on to your customers and thus also obtain larger orders without any direct investment. Remember that the profit is in the purchase rather than the sale.
- Take care of your clients even with your teeth. We are in the era where speed of delivery and quality of service are fundamental elements that will give you unique competitive advantages.
Constantly review and improve your ordering and delivery processes to fully satisfy your customer’s expectations and remember that a satisfied customer will continue to buy from you even if you don’t have the “best price”.
- Create a client-friend program. You can invent a system of points for purchase in such a way that when your client collects a certain number of points you can give him a gift or a special discount on his next purchase.
Delivering a promotional ticket every time they place an order helps to retain your customer by reminding them that if they continue to buy from you in a short time they will have some extra benefit from you.
- Value referred customers. Everyone knows someone who will be interested in your product. And if you have a healthy and satisfied portfolio of 50 clients, you can let them know that for every 2 clients they refer you, you will be giving them a 5% discount on their next purchase or even a special bonus.
If you know how to calculate it, you will invest a small percentage but you will soon see your portfolio increase with the respective increase in sales in the medium term. See more about the referral system.
- Improve the presentation of your product. We know that “the product enters through the eyes“If it looks good, it sells better. If it looks bad, it will be more difficult to place. Many times we can increase our sales rates just by paying attention to detail and improving the visual presentation of our products.
- Improve the presentation of your sellers. And if your business is services, then it means that the product has to do with you and your sales consultants. Many times, improving the presentation and personal treatment of them towards the client can motivate more sales.
- Become a master of incremental selling. This is a very subtle but powerful strategy to triple your sales. It consists of offering your client an additional product to the product that is about to be purchased for a small incremental difference in price.
Classic example: Burger restaurants offer you a combo for US $ 2.50 and when you are decided and about to pay it, the cashier tells you with a big smile: “Sir, for only 0.25 I can change your medium drink to a large drink .. .. “And who refuses to accept it for as little as 0.25 cents? I love this super strategy to increase sales. You can do it with food, with services, with cars, with whatever you want, it just depends on your creativity.
- Offer different means of payment. Cash will soon go down in history and customers increasingly use new means of payment. If you still do not have it, consider in your procedures to accept various electronic means of payment such as debit cards, credit cards, electronic transfers, “exchanges”, PayPal and even bitcoins.
If you do not know in depth how to do it, document yourself, investigate, ask. Remember that the aggressive entrepreneur has the ability to see, believe and do.
- Motivate great ideas from your collaborators. This last secret has to do with the people who are around you and who move your business every day. From the secretary to the boy who delivers the orders.
Everyone is in the trench and has great ideas or solutions to problems that they have seen and that if you ask them you can get a lot of great proposals and great value ideas. And if you motivate them, they will even help you make them come true.
See also: 53 Factors that can kill a business
As you can see, improving your sales has more to do with strategy and work than with investment or more costs. Most of the time we do not sell more simply because we do not dare to offer our client a better proposal or suggest the benefits of increasing their orders.
If you take the time to proactively develop these ideas and turn them into strategy, then you will discover that you can indeed triple your sales and increase your income.
👉 How to be a Crack in Sales the book that will make you invincible in sales, download it at this link.