Health is said to be a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not just the absence of diseases or illnesses. Everyone at some point is willing to pay anything to keep it, and this is the main reason why Health-related businesses are big businesses.
The field is very broad and some business segments related to health and medicine may require considerable investments, however, today I share with you at least 40 startup ideas in the health sector that more than a large investment require a lot of creativity and initiative to set them up.
- Sale of medical supplies such as gauze, gloves, masks, etc.
- Distribution of utensils such as tweezers, scarps, thermometers, etc.
- Manufacture of uniforms, gowns and clothes for nurses and doctors
- Rental of canes, wheelchairs, walkers and crutches
- Home laundry services for small hospitals
- Food services for sanatoriums and hospitals
- Sale of cleaning supplies such as soaps, disinfectants and deodorants
- Sale of vitamins and food supplements
- Distribution of natural medicines
- Small pharmacy with generic distribution
- Sale of home first aid kits and kits
- Advertising Sponsored Medical Directory
- Toxic waste management (requires specialization)
- Health insurance broker
- Setting up rural clinics with basic services
- Purchase, restoration and resale of medical equipment (by units)
- Coordination and reminder of appointments by phone (doctor – patient)
- Import of medical equipment such as microscopes, dopplers, stethoscopes, tc.
- Yoga, relaxation and breathing classes
- Bedridden Patient Care
- Care of patients with special abilities
- Software development for doctors (files)
- Private patient transport
- Sale of cements, plaster and amalgams for dentistry
- Focused advertising and promotion services for medical products
- Distribution of elastic bandages
- Distribution of plastics: spatulas, syringes, basins, spoons, etc.
- Manufacture of hospital curtains and bedding
- Instrument sterilization services
- Sale of small and medium power plants for sanatoriums
- Sale of accessories and supplies for diabetics
- Sale of sugar and diet specialties
- Retail medicine distributor
- Website design for hospitals, clinics and sanatoriums
- Children’s hospital decoration
- Entertainment services for patients
- Kiosk and / or cafeteria services in hospitals and sanatoriums
- Psychological assistance to delicate patients
- Pastoral and counseling services
- Interpreter services for foreign patients
Medicine is a very noble branch and helping to make it better can be very rewarding. And as you can see the possibilities are many and the best of all (although it would help) is that you do not have to be a doctor to exploit most of these options.
As in any business, remember that you must analyze, budget and train in advance to properly offer the services and products that you plan to market.
You may also be interested in these topics: